Christmas Special – How to Make Carrot Cake at Home
How to Make Carrot Cake at Home
cake What is a Christmas celebration without Christmas cakes and cookies. This year
show off your culinary skills by preparing some delightful special receipes Here we
are providing some of the traditional that are prepared year after year on Christmas.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup broken and chopped walnuts
1 cup golden raisins
2 1/2 cup grated carrots
3 tsp mixed spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
one tsp baking soda
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp of orange juice
How to make carrot cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
2. In a pan mix nicely the all purpose flour, mixed spices, baking soda, brown sugar, desiccated
coconut and chopped walnuts.
3. In a separate pan melt the butter and add the golden raisins, carrots and orange juice. Stir it
nicely and pour it on top of the dry ingredients.
4. Now add the beaten eggs to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
5. Prepare a loaf tin by oiling the base and the sides, pour this prepared mixture into the tin
and bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of it comes