Amazing Tips to manage anxiety
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For an instant release of anxiety, you really don’t need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes from your home. So don’t think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day.
Here are 5 tips to instantly reduce your anxiety:
- Meditation:Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing:A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First, start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud:A good laugh is a nice way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone:Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off from the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your Anxious Thoughts:Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind’s tendency to have negative thoughts spiralling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
Simple tactics for managing anxiety:
Take Vitamin B6 and Iron:Vitamin B6 and Iron play a crucial role in regulating the production of serotonin in the body. Healthy levels of serotonin, which is also known as “the hormone of happiness,” can help you let go of negative thoughts and allow you to better cope with difficulties when they arise.
Limit Caffeine:Drinking or eating foods with caffeine can make you more anxious. This is because caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. Consuming too much of it can exacerbate anxiety and panic attacks, because it stimulates your “fight or flight” response. Studies show that this can make anxiety worse, even triggering an anxiety attack. Limiting caffeine is a simple way to reduce your level of anxiety daily. Be aware of all sources of caffeine that may be in your diet such as soda, chocolate, tea, and some over-the-counter medications.
Exercise:Studies show that 20 minutes of exercise will help to reduce symptoms of anxiety. Exercise will not only make you feel better about yourself, but will also flood your body with endorphins. Some researchers even believe that increasing your body heat, a natural result of exercise, may alter neural circuits that control cognitive function and mood, including those that affect the neurotransmitter serotonin. Researchers believe this response can boost your mood, increase relaxation, and alleviate anxiety.
Self-Soothe with Comedy:Watch your favorite stand-up comedians or a funny sitcom. This way you can get your mind off of your anxiety and have a good laugh. My favorite anxiety reducing activity is drinking chamomile tea and watching standup comedy or old episodes of the TV show Friends.
Color:Fans of coloring explain that the activity makes them feel calmer, mentally clearer, happier, and more relaxed. When engaged in their hobby, “colorists,” as they call themselves, say their worries temporarily fade away. This isn’t totally shocking when you consider that all arts and crafts hobbies have the power to focus the brain in a way that’s similar to meditation.
Have confidence in yourself:You can better manage your fear of what might be by having confidence and a deep knowledge that you can meet, be with, and get through any experience that may arise. The more you do it, the more confident you become. Think about a time you got through a difficult task and how you were able to do it. Coming to trust in yourself and your ability to get through life’s inevitable difficulties will help to decrease the “what ifs” of tomorrow.
Drink Chamomile Tea:Recent clinical research has determined that chamomile is not only relaxing, but can also significantly decrease anxiety and even fight depression. When feeling especially anxious, place four chamomile tea bags in hot water. After letting them soak for five minutes, drink up slowly.